Saturday, April 11, 2009

Going the Distance!


If the folks at United States Masters Swimming had known how much I like talking about myself, they may not have selected me for the latest "Meet the Go-The-Distance Swimmer" profile posted on the USMS website. "Go The Distance," incidentally, is a motivational swim program offered through USMS in which swimmers aim to achieve swimming mileage goals throughout the year. We receive regular encouragement and submit monthly totals of yards, meters, miles and time in the water. For many of us, "Go the Distance" is a form of forced, but fun, accountability.

In the following link, you'll meet four intrepid Masters
swimmers swimmers, from all over the U.S., whose stories were collected, edited and published by the very thoughtful - and talented - Greta Van Meeteren.

You'll find my write-up towards the end, along with a few swimming pictures, plus a few words about my beloved team,
Tri-Valley Masters.

Here's the USMS article:
Meet the Go-The-Distance Swimmers (note -- My story starts on page 7 and continues on page 8; it ends with a training plan for 'Dancing with the Stars')

No comments: