Despite professional editors' glut of hungry writers tapping at their in-boxes, it's time to get back to basics. Time to write and curate more works with true news organizations.
It's time for experienced, ethical journalists who have the proper education, background, "chops" and talent to make a difference by publishing content that counts.
Is she a columnist? Is she a feature writer? Is she a journalist? Is she a quality content producer? Yes - to all of the above!
Shamelessly, the following list of my accomplishments is best read while imagining the song to “Superman” in the back of your mind:
- 20 year communications professional; educated writer with fluid style and ability to reach the heart of a story in seconds.
- Able to produce compelling 500-900 word columns or feature articles at warp speed.
- Able to provoke laughter, tears and philosophy in every individual story.
- Prolific writer. Published approximately half a million words over the past 10 years on a part-time basis (while multi-tasking in other professional projects).
- Skilled at extracting local feature or news angles from major topics of broad interest.
- Able to find unique, unexpected feature or profile angles within assignment topics.
- Resourceful, connected and passionate about topics of interest at the local, national or international level.
- Able to cultivate and connect with sources and people of interest and craft stories that resonate with readers.
- Able to write with authority on various topics, including the arts, community interests, entertainment, education, home improvement, health and fitness, family, business.
- Provides impeccable work in exchange for low contract/freelance fees, coffee and pats on the back.
- Will add liveliness and good attitude to any work environment, virtual or in person.
Also welcome opportunities to help businesses make an impression with their audiences through solidly orchestrated, high-quality PR, social media relations and web content creation.